Old 04-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Luke

Default Gerbera Seedlings

Hi,

I have grown some gerberas from seeds and they are coming along nicely
(about 6months old now). All the seedlings have about 4 sets of leaves on
them but some of these are starting to turn a purple/brown colour. Does
anyone know what might be causing this? I live in adelaide and have the
plants stored in part shade.

Thanks
Luke

---

Old 04-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Jane VR

Luke wrote:
Hi,

I have grown some gerberas from seeds and they are coming along nicely
(about 6months old now). All the seedlings have about 4 sets of leaves on
them but some of these are starting to turn a purple/brown colour. Does
anyone know what might be causing this? I live in adelaide and have the
plants stored in part shade.

Thanks
Luke

Did it get cold suddenly? That's the only thing I can think of.

I'm a bit surprised they only have 4 leaves after 6 months. Did you pot
them up, feed them, etc?

Jane

Old 05-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Luke

I ended up contacting the man I bought the seeds from and the problem is
either due to too much mositure or too little, i also need to treat them
with fongarid. Hopefully this helps

Gerbera-9701 Marutchi Garden Photos 0 10-11-2006 12:05 PM
Gerbera daisy Tony Pacc Gardening 3 05-06-2006 11:47 PM
Gerbera Daisy Over Wintering Catty One Gardening 3 01-10-2005 02:24 AM
Hibiscus, Zinnia and Gerbera Daisy Questions:) junkyardcat Gardening 2 26-12-2004 09:18 AM
Will my gerbera daisy survive in the office? Charles Gilley Gardening 5 01-07-2003 09:45 PM