Old 16-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Chookie

Default Anyone at Gardening Australia Live today?

We enjoyed our day out.

Talked to some permaculture nuts, rainwater tank installers, heard John
Patrick talk about garden design, bought a few little things. DS enjoyed the
Bananas act. Met a few friends, and enjoyed hearing bits of other people's
conversations: "permaculture...euphorbias...conservation...Melale uca
nodosa..." Hey, I feel at home here!

Disappointing bits: very little on native gardens. Plants mostly at "show"
prices. Some wally trying to sell peonies. Didn't think much of the
demonstration gardens (in general).

And did anyone else see Cheryl Maddocks' column in the Sydney Morning Herald
today? Half on peas (bit late for Sydney!) and the other half anti-GMO. Pity
we haven't succeeded in keeping the frankenfood out, but great to see the
concern in the gardening community.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990