Old 02-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Registered User

Default Anyone from Perth Australia or any other AU state here?

I migrated to Perth a year ago and I am now trying to put together all the bits I need to start a planted tank. I sure could use some local advise on where to get plants. Most of the LHS have a very limited range.

CO2 is the other problem as the gas supplier will not fill my tank, They will only supply if I rent their tank at $10 a month! Gas fills are extra!

Cheers

Alfred
Old 03-08-2005, 10:51 AM
blank

Alfred wrote:

I migrated to Perth a year ago and I am now trying to put together all
the bits I need to start a planted tank. I sure could use some local
advise on where to get plants. Most of the LHS have a very limited
range.

CO2 is the other problem as the gas supplier will not fill my tank,
They will only supply if I rent their tank at $10 a month! Gas fills
are extra!

Cheers

Alfred

http://www.aquaria.com.au/catalog/index.php/cPath/6_43

or

http://www.aquamail.com.au/ (not in WA but excellent mailorder

supplier I have used several times)

Old 03-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Grae

Hi Alfred
Look into http://www.perthcichlid.com/forums/index.php
and from there i will get in contact with you.
Graeme

--
Alfred

Old 04-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Registered User

Hi Guys thanks for the responses.

Grae Thanks for the link! Sign up and waiting for the OK from the moderator.

Your tank looks great. How many planted tanks do you have? I can't wait to get mine going.

Finally found someone that will fill my own CO2 tank, only problem is that it is all the way down in Canning Vale.

Now the only problem will be getting plants. Does anyone have apons?

Cheers

Alfred
Old 04-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Grae

Hi Alfred
Once you are into the forum, plants are not really a problem, lots of
cuttings being passed along.Thanks for the kind words too. I am north of the
river, how about you?
Grae

Old 04-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Registered User

The moderators on that forum have not "oked" my registration yet, so I can't PM you. Wish I could post there as there .

I am North as well, in Ocean Reef. Would love to meet up and look at your tanks!

Looking for a 48x24x24 or 36x18x18. What did you pay for your 48"?

Could you call me? Anytime before 830pm? Kids in bed by then! Mobile - usual start then 111 67 441

Hope to hear from you!
Old 05-08-2005, 10:46 AM
bassett

I,m on the other side of the Island, The good side.
Have a look at this site, They are in Ingleburn NSW, but will freight //
Post

http://wwwfish4u.com.au/

or these sites

http://www.aquaria.com.au/catalog/
http://www.aquriumptoducys.com.au
http://wwwaquaticlifeaquariums.com.au/
http://www.equarium.com.au
http://www.theaquariumshop.com.au

Regards bassett

Old 06-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Andrew

Something to keep in mind is that many commercial sources won't send
plants to WA due to WAQIS's quarantine requirements (those rubber
stamps aren't cheap :-)). You might want to check whether Aquamail will
send plants before you order.

As Aquaria Australia Warehouse (aquaria.com.au) are in WA, ordering
form them should be no problem. FWIW I've used both Aquamail and AAW
several times and would recommend them both. I found AAW's customer
service particularly good.

Andrew

Old 06-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Something to keep in mind is that many commercial sources won't send
plants to WA due to WAQIS's quarantine requirements (those rubber
stamps aren't cheap :-)). You might want to check whether Aquamail will
send plants before you order.

As Aquaria Australia Warehouse (aquaria.com.au) are in WA, ordering
form them should be no problem. FWIW I've used both Aquamail and AAW
several times and would recommend them both. I found AAW's customer
service particularly good.

Andrew
Thank for that info, I am sure it will be useful.