Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Adam

Default Dwarf Nectarine, not fruiting

Hi,

I've got a dwarf nectarine that seems to be healthy enough, but hasn't
produced fruit since it was planted a couple of years ago.
I've got a plum that produces plenty of fruit, but the nectarine does
not.
Do I need a second plant in order to get them to fruit ?

Any advice would be appreciated - I've only got a couple of fruit
trees so I'm a relative newbie at this...

Thanks,

Adam
Old 10-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Wanda Too

Found the following at http://www.botany.com/prunus.html

Most varieties are self-pollinating, therefore you'll only need to plant one
tree to obtain fruit. These trees only live about twelve years. To take the
place of an aging tree, plant a new tree. Plant it before the old tree has
expired because it takes two to three years before a newly planted tree
produces fruit.

om...