Old 25-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Adrian B

Default Tahitian limes ripening times

Good day all

I've only recently discovered this newsgroup and enjoy reading the advice
from everyone so far. Nice to see a place where people aren't just abusing
each other

I'll be the first to admit I'm a complete beginner. Recently, acquired a
lime tree ('tahitian') and a variegated cumquat tree. They're both growing
really well. The cumquat is fruiting like crazy and ripening really well - a
lot of fruit has come from it already. The lime tree however has a dozen or
so limes about the size of a 10c piece but the don't seem to be getting any
bigger or softer even after a couple of months.

The lime (and cumquat) are both in large pots, located in a sunny, sheltered
location. Watered every few days with a good dose of water. The tree seems
really happy it just isn't ripening

Do I need to be more patient with the lime? Do I need to trim the tree to
encourage more energy into the fruit? Fertilisers? Other tips...?

If it helps, I'm in the foothills of Adelaide. Very really frosts even in
winter.

Kind regards
Adrian