Old 31-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Richard Wright

Default annual rainfall data - success

I recently posted a request about how I can get hold of annual
rainfall totals for Australian capital cities from 2003 back to
earliest records? I need only one station for each city - the one with
the longest records.

Thanks for various suggestions. Here is an answer that worked.

I sent an email to and got an immediate reply. Paid
the reasonable amount of $11 by credit card and got the data by return
as Excel readable text files.

Richard Wright
Old 01-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Andrew G

"Richard Wright" wrote in message
I recently posted a request about how I can get hold of annual
rainfall totals for Australian capital cities from 2003 back to
earliest records? I need only one station for each city - the one with
the longest records.

Thanks for various suggestions. Here is an answer that worked.

I sent an email to and got an immediate reply. Paid
the reasonable amount of $11 by credit card and got the data by return
as Excel readable text files.

Richard Wright

And for general weather
www.bom.gov.au is a good site for most here. Ok, so
it only tells you much along the lines of news weather, but the radar watch
is always good.

Rainfall chart on the web keith ;-\) Orchids 1 20-02-2005 10:05 PM
annual rainfall history Richard Wright Australia 8 30-05-2004 07:06 AM
Do the botanists need a XML data modeling/data entry tool? Kevin Garwood Plant Science 4 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Annual Rainfall Mike United Kingdom 24 16-04-2003 09:08 AM
Do the botanists need a XML data modeling/data entry tool? Kevin Garwood Plant Science 4 13-03-2003 10:56 AM