Old 26-06-2004, 05:08 AM
Gerry

Default wild bird seed

Hi.
I have a couple of bird feeders with Parrot seed in them. (wild bird
seed).
The parrots in the gum next door stay there.
I now have 10 pigeons and about 50 sparrows visit.
Will the parrots eventually discover it, or will the pigeons and
sparrows love me forever?

thanks

Gerry
Old 26-06-2004, 07:10 AM
Rheilly Phoull

"Gerry" wrote in message
m...
Hi.
I have a couple of bird feeders with Parrot seed in them. (wild bird
seed).
The parrots in the gum next door stay there.
I now have 10 pigeons and about 50 sparrows visit.
Will the parrots eventually discover it, or will the pigeons and
sparrows love me forever?

thanks

Gerry

Have fun with your 'regulars' :-)
To lure the parrots down in season grow a fruit tree !!

--
Regards ........... Rheilly Phoull

Old 26-06-2004, 08:13 AM
len gardener

g'day gerry,

it depends on what sort of parrots they are, the word parrot covers a
very large family.

if they are the lorikeets they will eventually get inquisative as will
pale headed rosellas etc.,. it they are the larger parrots like
cockatoos corellas etc.,. my advice would be to not attract them to
you garden they can be vandals in a garden.

we used to put out a hanging tray of grey striped sunflower seed as
well, the lorikeets and rosellas aprticularly like that. a word to the
wise don't make your feeding the birds dependent source, put out a
measured amount once a day say in the morning and only if it isn't
raining they will get to know that they can't rely on this source.

have fun attracting and interacting with our native birds.

le

snipped
--
happy gardening

Old 26-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Gregory Toomey

Gerry wrote:

Hi.
I have a couple of bird feeders with Parrot seed in them. (wild bird
seed).
The parrots in the gum next door stay there.
I now have 10 pigeons and about 50 sparrows visit.
Will the parrots eventually discover it, or will the pigeons and
sparrows love me forever?

thanks

Gerry

My six Australian parrots (Redrumps & Princess Parrots) all eat standard
commercial parrot feed.

gtoomey