Old 16-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Crimson Castle

Default Coldest and Wettest Winter?

Hey there,

Seems like this year - the winter down here in Melbourne is awfully cold and
wet. Great for my plants and roses though.

But has this been the coldest and wettest winter season and days on record?

Cheers,

Duncan

--
_____________________________
Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common

Old 16-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Andrew G

"Crimson Castle" wrote in message
Hey there,

Seems like this year - the winter down here in Melbourne is awfully cold

and
wet. Great for my plants and roses though.

But has this been the coldest and wettest winter season and days on

record?

Totally different up here in NSW, MId North Coast, Forster.
Probably the warmest I've ever felt, and the dryest.
Recent daytime temps, around 22-23degs

Cheers
Andrew
Cheers,

Duncan

--
_____________________________

Old 16-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Terry Collins

Pat wrote:

I wish we could say the same here in Sth West Sydney !
It's DRY

You must be one of those Petersham SW Sydney people {:-).

In the real SW Sydney, we've had rain on both Monday & Tuesday (so far).

Of course, it it just wet the surface stuff.

Old 17-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Harvey

I am in southern Western Australia and it is extremely wet here! I have a
park over the road from where I live and it has been taken over by ducks.
Last weekend was sunny and I think it is the first fine one we have had for
a long time. All our dams are filling up at a rapid rate of knots... we are
very lucky.

Harvey

Old 18-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Nancy

"Harvey" wrote in message
I am in southern Western Australia and it is extremely wet here! I have a
park over the road from where I live and it has been taken over by ducks.
Last weekend was sunny and I think it is the first fine one we have had

for
a long time. All our dams are filling up at a rapid rate of knots... we

are
very lucky.

Harvey

I am in southern western australia also.
it has been wet but sunny here.
my garden looks beautiful.
cheers
Nancy

Old 18-08-2004, 05:18 AM
MC

I am in Brisbane ... and we got our first decent rain last night and this
morning for months and months!!!

I heard someone say 10mm overnight ... but I'm not sure exactly?

It was wonderful waking up to a huge thunder crack at 5.ooam this morning
and hearing the rain pelting down!

Bring it on!!!

Cheers,
Mick

Old 18-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Pat

I mentioned how dry it was in Sth west Sydney about 2 days ago and now we
have had about 15cm of rain in the last 24 hrs, yippeee.
But we need heaps more

pat

Old 21-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Chookie

In article , Terry Collins
wrote:

In the real SW Sydney, we've had rain on both Monday & Tuesday (so far).

Of course, it it just wet the surface stuff.

We're right in the middle of Sydney (Lidcombe) and had about 50mm over 3 days.
Headed out happily to plant a shrub today in my front yard and discovered that
underneath the mulch, the ground was *still* dry. That was at the bottom of
the slope in my front garden :-( OTOH my vegie patch is looking good,
probably because the soil is better quality. In the front yard, I think I may
have a major problem with water repellence.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet