Old 05-10-2004, 06:45 AM
itrox

Default Propagating Aloe Vera

Hi,

I have just recently planted offshoots from my larger Aloe plant. It has
been 3 days.
They have lost their rich green colour and are turning a slight brown tinge.

There are two that I have left inside that are looking fine, but the ones I
have left ourside are not looking well at all.

Does anyone have experience with this, and could you please supply the
method, to double check against what I did.

Thanks in advance,
anthony

Old 05-10-2004, 08:06 AM
len gardener

g'day anthony,

mate all i do is take those pups plant 'em water 'em and they grow too
easy mate.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:54 PM
itrox

ok that makes me feel a little better.

They should turn out ok then. Thanks for your help.

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day anthony,

mate all i do is take those pups plant 'em water 'em and they grow too
easy mate.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

Old 06-10-2004, 08:41 AM
itrox

My little ones aren't looking any better, i've brought them inside, for fear
too much sun may have fried them.
Do you have any tips for restoring their lush green colours when and if they
fade? Is there anything I may have done wrong that you can think of.

I am just brainstorming, could it be a fungul root infection or something
beneath the surface?

Like I said, the two I kept inside from the word go, are looking fine. Would
you like a foto of one of the sick ones? I could organise that also.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:24 PM
itrox

great, thanks!

Just needed some reassurance that they would recover.

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day itrox,

sounds like sun damage to me, you can't repair the damaged leaves, as
they grow new ones and mature just remove the damaged ones then but in
time they will rejuvenate, once they have re-established a new root
system then they can be given more sun.

len

snipped

Old 07-10-2004, 03:41 AM
len gardener

never lost one yet unless i totally forgot to water it.

len

snipped

Old 11-10-2004, 08:35 AM
itrox

Just to let you know, after pulling them all inside, they have returned to
their lush green selves again.

Great, and thanks for your help. I hate killing things.
news

Old 11-10-2004, 08:54 AM
len gardener

g'day itrox,

yup i hate losing plants at the ebst of times but the law of averages
dictates that we gotta lose some sometimes.

len

snipped

Old 13-10-2004, 09:29 PM
John Savage

"itrox" writes:
My little ones aren't looking any better, i've brought them inside, for fear
too much sun may have fried them.
Do you have any tips for restoring their lush green colours when and if they
fade? Is there anything I may have done wrong that you can think of.

Aloe are tough. What I've noticed is: if they are sheltered from the
worst of the sun then they'll be green all over. If in full sun, then
both aloe and candleabra will develop an orange border to their leaves.
I'd reckon if you were to move your aloe so they can escape direct
afternoon sun they'd revert to green all over with time.

I wonder could you treat their sunburnt leaves with aloe gel? :-)

Old 18-10-2004, 10:52 PM
itrox

Hi and Thanks for your advice.

I have been experimenting with different positions around the house. After
placing them back outside, they changed colour again and so I brought them
back inside just before the rain started, and within a couple of days their
colour has returned.

Shade from the afternoon sun.... I'll see if I can find a position around
the house that will allow that. Thanks again.

Oh, and I'l try the sunburn treatment also.
"John Savage" wrote in message
om...

Aloe Vera Plants jammer Plant Biology 13 13-11-2005 09:07 PM
how to cook Aloe vera? John Savage Australia 13 07-07-2003 05:03 PM
Aloe Vera Plants rusty Plant Biology 13 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Preserving Aloe Vera? Nicholas J Ruggiero Plant Biology 1 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Aloe vera - too soon to put outside? kate Gardening 17 25-03-2003 02:32 PM