Old 09-10-2004, 02:25 AM
len gardener

Default tree id needed - endemic

i ahve pic's on the following links of a tree that i have been told
and as far as i can determine is endemic to the gunalda range area,
gunalda being app" 30 kilometers north of gympie.

they are deciduous and flower in the early spring just as the new
leaves begin appearing.

http://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/g...9215216779.jpg

the tallest tree in the area is app' 8 meters

http://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/g...9252117378.jpg

the leaflets are 2 to 3"s long

http://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/g...9283717890.jpg

the flower buds

http://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/g...9300018149.jpg

the fragrance is sweet like an orchid, the sprays and blooms resemble
a den" orchid with the sprays being around 10"s or so long.

tia

len
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:11 AM
len gardener

looks like it will be one of these 2:

cassia brewsteri - brewsteri

or

c. queenslandica

len

snipped

Old 18-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Richard Wright

I wonder whether it might be some kind of Cassia, perhaps Cassia
brewsteri (the Leichhardt bean)?

Old 18-10-2004, 03:02 PM
len gardener

g'day richard,

thanks mate after much digging aropund so to speak that's what the
general concensus is that it is a 'cassia brewsteri var brewsteri' the
'leichhardt bean'

very showy strange they don't feature in more gardens

len

snipped