Old 16-10-2004, 07:57 AM
andr0meda

Default just moved a Frangipani

Ugghhhh....

Have moved my frangipani in July, when the leaves were gone. That was done
correctly.
This morning my builder who volunteered to, after all, to get me a spa in my
yard told me to move it back. At least out of the spa's surrounds. I did it.

My frangipani was just beginning to shot new leaves; is it going survive
this move?

Thanks in advance,
Andr0

PS. I am on the Gold Coast

Old 16-10-2004, 08:49 AM
len gardener

hey andro mate,

they are tuff plant to kill hang in there i reckon the frangi' will be
around long after you and me have gone to the big garden in the sky.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 16-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Robby

Yes

Old 16-10-2004, 10:44 AM
andr0meda

Hi Len and Robby,

thanks for your reassurance,

-it is a tuff and a bit 'out of this world' plant with nearly no roots! By
the first move I thougt I killed all roots (only seen some 5 cm of root on
it) this time I think I must have left 2-3 roots 10cm in total. With all its
vitality and green juices almost bursing through its skin, my commonsence
told me I was better to move it now than after the big leaves were on.

Thanks, Guys!
Andr0

"Robby" wrote in message
Yes

Old 18-10-2004, 11:27 AM
andr0meda

Thanks for an excellent tip! I will get it this Thursday at K-Mart.
Meanwhile; we got a great big rain on the Coast! That will help;
Regards,
Andr0

"Mogsy" wrote in message
there is a product called plant starter, made by mulitcrop i beleive. you
mix it up in a watering can or such as pour over plant. it encourages the
roots to grow.