Old 13-11-2004, 12:53 AM
SG1

Default Non hearting lettuce

I ended up with seed for non hearting lettuce. How does one pick it, whole
plant or a leaf at a time? Never grown them b4.
Jim

Old 13-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Fran

"SG1" wrote in message news:xWcld.34053$K7.2514@news-

I ended up with seed for non hearting lettuce. How does one pick it, whole
plant or a leaf at a time? Never grown them b4.

Harvest individual leaves as you need them or to keep the plant growing
strongly. Wonderful things - "cut and come again" plants.

Old 14-11-2004, 01:21 AM
SG1

"Fran" wrote in message
"SG1" wrote in message

I ended up with seed for non hearting lettuce. How does one pick it,
whole
plant or a leaf at a time? Never grown them b4.

Harvest individual leaves as you need them or to keep the plant growing
strongly. Wonderful things - "cut and come again" plants.

Thanks Fran will give it a go when the traditional one in the fridge either
dies or is consumed.
Jim

Old 14-11-2004, 08:28 AM
len gardener

yeh jim just pick the leafs as you need them and as soon as they look
big enough to eat, and if you let them go to seed they will reseed
themselves or you can collect the seed and just keep them going al
year if you want well up here in qld we can, though they do go to seed
soonere in the summer.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 14-11-2004, 09:11 PM
SG1

"len gardener" wrote in message
yeh jim just pick the leafs as you need them and as soon as they look
big enough to eat, and if you let them go to seed they will reseed
themselves or you can collect the seed and just keep them going al
year if you want well up here in qld we can, though they do go to seed
soonere in the summer.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the
environment

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before
you send.

Great weather here in Sth Qld but being 5+ hours west of Brissy means it is
a bit dry at the moment.

Old 16-11-2004, 10:02 PM
John Savage

"SG1" writes:
I ended up with seed for non hearting lettuce. How does one pick it, whole
plant or a leaf at a time? Never grown them b4.

One leaf at a time till they reach a good size or start to bolt to seed
in the hotter weather.