Old 22-02-2005, 01:16 AM
ataman

Default robina

Hi,

My neighbours have just planted a hedge about 300mm from our wire fence. When we expressed concern they told us not to worry as it was only robina and was slow growing.
Does any one have any information on this shrub and its size and growth pattern please,

Cheers

Alison
Old 22-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Nancy

"ataman" wrote in message ...
Hi,

My neighbours have just planted a hedge about 300mm from our wire fence. When we expressed concern they told us not to worry as it was only robina and was slow growing.
Does any one have any information on this shrub and its size and growth pattern please,

Cheers

Alison

I grew robina once, it is a very fast growing plant.
They self seed and put out lots of suckers.
Usually they grow to about six foot tall unless you trim them all the time.
They have a pink white or purple flower in the spring which is very fragrant.
hope this helps
cheers
Nancy
Old 22-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Ken Oaf

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:16:18 GMT, "ataman" wrote:

Hi,

My neighbours have just planted a hedge about 300mm from our wire fence. When we expressed concern they told us not to worry as it was only robina and was slow growing.
Does any one have any information on this shrub and its size and growth pattern please,

Robinia Frisia?

If so, they get to 20m in height, 10m width, destroy drains and footpaths and
will sucker everywhere if they are trimmed.