Old 15-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Bleanne

Default Help: Robina Mop Top

I have a sick Mop Top and I have no idea what the problem maybe. Can anyone
help me please.

This is the second Mop Top that I have planted in the same position and it
looks as if it going to die. The first tree that I planted in the same
position died. I have three others in different positions and they are all
doing well.

The tree is still green but it has not got any leaves on it. The other three
trees all have leaves.

Any ideas?

Old 15-10-2005, 02:43 AM
meee

Default Robina Mop Top

wouldn't have a clue sorry. i have a robinia lace lady..does that sound
similar? If it's the second one to die in the spot, maybe it's something in
the soil. is there possibly a pest in the soil? or it could be the wrong ph
or something...is it a fussy tree ph or water wise? i'd be checking what the
roots on the last one looked like. maybe digging a massive hole, fumigating
the hole, then infilling with sterile, good quality soil of the right ph and
drainage for the tree might help...a bit fiddly but if it's a bug or fungus,
the new soil and digging the hole deeper will help and if it's fungal,
putting in more free draining soil will help. also treat the roots for pests
or fungus while it's out. anyone else have any ideas??

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 15-10-2005, 08:34 AM

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:25:44 +1000, "Bleanne" wrote:

I have a sick Mop Top and I have no idea what the problem maybe. Can anyone
help me please.

This is the second Mop Top that I have planted in the same position and it
looks as if it going to die. The first tree that I planted in the same
position died. I have three others in different positions and they are all
doing well.

The tree is still green but it has not got any leaves on it. The other three
trees all have leaves.

Any ideas?

You have a soil problem.

Is it very wet there? Clay? Tested the pH? Chemical spill?

Old 15-10-2005, 12:35 PM
loosecanon

Hi

Have seen it where a gas leak kills things dead. The soil is putrid to
plants for some years after. Of course the leak should be fixed and
hopefully it is on the utilities side of the meter.

Cheers

Dick

Old 17-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Liam

"Bleanne" wrote in message
I have a sick Mop Top and I have no idea what the problem maybe. Can
anyone help me please.

This is the second Mop Top that I have planted in the same position
and it looks as if it going to die. The first tree that I planted in
the same position died. I have three others in different positions and
they are all doing well.

The tree is still green but it has not got any leaves on it. The other
three trees all have leaves.

Any ideas?

Have you used any weed killer around it? Like maybe using a 'Weed &
Feed' liquid fertiliser for lawn?

Mop Top's put out a lot of shallow roots (and runners) that will drink
anything put near it...

Liam.

Mop top robinia problem Steve Australia 5 29-05-2006 08:21 AM
Gold Mop Cypress Buck B. Nekkid Lawns 2 18-12-2005 02:27 AM
robina ataman Australia 2 22-02-2005 09:02 PM
Hydrangea mop head blue Rich United Kingdom 4 07-11-2003 01:23 AM
Would you like some Eggs with that Mop? Egg-dentify David Ponds 3 26-07-2003 04:32 PM