Old 20-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Bri

Default ate my bamboo

Hi All:
Just thought I'd mention that after having 60 varieties of bamboo for
several years, yesterday was the first day that we actually ate any of
the shoots. I was pulling weeds and found several bory shoots and
decided they were not where I wanted them growing so I busted them off
and used them in the stir fry veggies chopped up in what looked like
large green olive slices with the hole through them. They had good
texture and didn't taste bad either..
L8R, Bri.
Old 22-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Beecrofter

Bri wrote in message ...
Hi All:
Just thought I'd mention that after having 60 varieties of bamboo for
several years, yesterday was the first day that we actually ate any of
the shoots. I was pulling weeds and found several bory shoots and
decided they were not where I wanted them growing so I busted them off
and used them in the stir fry veggies chopped up in what looked like
large green olive slices with the hole through them. They had good
texture and didn't taste bad either..
L8R, Bri.

Bamboo shoots and garlic tops go well in stir fry or with noodles like ramen.
Slice the shoot lenghtwise and bend it back to free the good stuff from the sheaths,
the best parts have no green color yet.

Help! The deer ate my homework...errr...roses elfa Roses 9 22-07-2003 06:42 PM
Goats ate tree's bark Menk45 Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
*#^!$%& Chipmunks ate liner last winter Roger Bennett Ponds 9 22-04-2003 01:44 AM
Voles ate Our Daffodils !! John Nolan United Kingdom 4 14-04-2003 10:45 PM
Goats ate tree's bark Menk45 Lawns 2 25-02-2003 05:53 AM