Old 23-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Martin Seibert

Default Algae on our lucky bamboo - How to fight it?

Hi all!

Our lucky bamboo has algae on its roots. They are green and slimy. I
admit that we did not change the water in the bowl regularly. Is that
the only cause. Who can help?

THX.

CU
Kalyxo
Old 23-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Bert

Lucky Bamboo is not a bamboo.

You should check on some of the other garden group for help.

--
Bert Silverman
MidAtlantic Bamboo.com

m...

Old 30-05-2004, 03:02 PM
mullens

Martin Seibert wrote:

Hi all!

Our lucky bamboo has algae on its roots. They are green and slimy. I
admit that we did not change the water in the bowl regularly. Is that
the only cause. Who can help?

THX.

CU
Kalyxo

You may not like this suggestion, but to stop algae growing, you could try excluding light from the roots.

Old 30-05-2004, 03:02 PM
mullens

mullens wrote:

Martin Seibert wrote:

Hi all!

Our lucky bamboo has algae on its roots. They are green and slimy. I
admit that we did not change the water in the bowl regularly. Is that
the only cause. Who can help?

THX.

CU
Kalyxo

You may not like this suggestion, but to stop algae growing, you could
try excluding light from the roots.

Green light would be ok though.

Old 23-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Tom Hooper

Go to your pond store and get a product called "Algae-fix", that
guarantees to be safe for plants and fish. Believe it is made by Aquarium
Pharmacuticals. I use it in all my ponds and fish tanks. Local garden
center, even Walmart may carry it.
DO NOT use "ALGAE DESTROYER" ,liquid of tablets.!!!!! That is a
universal herbicide and will kill everything.
VR,
TWH

"Martin Seibert" wrote in message
m...
Hi all!

Our lucky bamboo has algae on its roots. They are green and slimy. I
admit that we did not change the water in the bowl regularly. Is that
the only cause. Who can help?

THX.

CU
Kalyxo

Fight! Fight! Fight! David WE Roberts United Kingdom 33 11-01-2010 12:30 AM
What's wrong with my lucky bamboo? Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 18-07-2007 11:17 AM
Lucky Bamboo Merrill Speeter Gardening 18 15-04-2003 12:32 PM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 5 27-03-2003 09:56 AM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 08:24 AM