Old 29-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Kestas

Default [IBC] Newbie questions

Bob

I look at the growing of bonsai outdoors from the bright side - everytime you want to visit and talk to them you get a breath of fresh air :-) And as your collection grows - what can be better as fresh air in a forest just lovely

Best wishes

Kestutis

Thank you all for both the warm welcome to the group, and the sage advice.
Outside it goes and outside it will stay. I just need to change my habits
and place it in an outdoor viewing area. I am certain I will have many more
questions the more I learn from reading current and older posts.

"Bob" wrote in message
Well, everybody has to start sometime. My time is now. I have looked at
bonsai plants for a while. Finally I bought one at the local farmer's
market from a booth for a local nursery. The bonsai is a juniper in a
pumice pot and is gorgeous to my untrained eye.

I have done a bit of reading on the net about the mistakes newbies often
make. I am still wishing that I can enjoy my plant indoors so I can see it
more often than I will if it is outdoors. I am fortunate to have a large
(6' x 9') sun room that gets a substantial amount of light all day long.
So we aren't just talking about a big window.

Obviously if I choose to start my bonsai off here and it starts to signs
of unhappiness, it will go outside, but I am curious if any others on this
newsgroup have had success in keeping their tree indoors and what I might
watch for to keep it healthy.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --