Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Barry Allen

Default [IBC] Acer Palm Atropurp

Hi All
Can some kind person tell me if I have to winter protect an Acer Palm
Atropurp tree Red leaves Black bark for the winter and what sort of soil will I
need to re pot in the spring Any advice on this tree is most welcome
Barry

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Barry Allen wrote:
Hi All
Can some kind person tell me if I have to winter protect an Acer Palm
Atropurp tree Red leaves Black bark for the winter and what sort of soil will I
need to re pot in the spring Any advice on this tree is most welcome
Barry

We NEED to know where you are before we can tell you if you
need to protect anything! AOL.com doesn't tell us anything.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - half
longing for the "old days" when you _could_ tell (most of
the time).

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 13-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Tiziano

Barry Allen wrote:

Hi All
Can some kind person tell me if I have to winter protect an Acer Palm
Atropurp tree Red leaves Black bark for the winter and what sort of soil will I
need to re pot in the spring Any advice on this tree is most welcome

it all depends where you live zone 7 is ok ,if
colder better to protect
for soil teh standard sol for maples a good
drainage as usual .. they are not fuzzy for soil
mildly acidic is appreciated

Old 13-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Geoff Hobson

I don't protect my Acers other than if very cold winds when I cover with
fleece, I usually cover if there is going to be frost of -5 or lower,
I am in Basingstoke Hampshire don't know about zones, but probably same as
you.
Geoff

Can some kind person tell me if I have to winter protect an Acer Palm
Atropurp tree Red leaves Black bark for the winter and what sort of soil

will I
need to re pot in the spring Any advice on this tree is most welcome

it all depends where you live zone 7 is ok ,if
colder better to protect
for soil teh standard sol for maples a good
drainage as usual .. they are not fuzzy for soil
mildly acidic is appreciated

**