Old 17-09-2005, 01:41 PM

Default [IBC] Not So Quiet

Actually, things are busy in upstate NY. We here in Syracuse are getting
ready for our annual show next week at Liverpool Public Library. I will be
shilling for it on TV next Monday. I am frantically pruning & picking at my trees.
Unfortunately, the Mohawk-Hudson show (Albany) is the same weekend. I hope we
coordinate better next year.
Most of my thread grafts seem to be taking well. There is one on the Arakawa
that I will probably have to redo, but the tree is growing some extra branches
in preparation. The stone pine is very slow but taking shape. I only lost one
tree strictly to the heat, Tsuga canadensis 'Minuta,' but that was no
surprise. Ruined a couple with stupidity, as usual. Eastern white pine looks good,
but very little back budding. Hally Jolivette is a jungle.
Still looking for someone who has actually used Betula pendula 'Trost's
Dwarf' as a bonsai. Mine, still in the ground, (as hinted in the catalogs) doesn't
look like a birch. It looks like a thread-leaf Japanese maple with a bad hair
day.
Looking forward to ABS Saratoga. It is a treat to have a big convention close
by.
The new Mohawk Valley club in Utica is off and running. They have a full
slate of officers, a newsletter, & plenty of talent.
Bonsai Club/Broome County (Binghamton) is also very active. They are planning
a hypertufa workshop in October. Contact Bob Saar, .
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] very quiet Andre Slivitzky Bonsai 2 16-09-2005 07:02 AM
try not to like neatly while you're talking against a quiet ticket [email protected] United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 02:58 PM
[IBC] Quiet list Ben Griffin Bonsai 8 18-09-2003 10:15 PM
[IBC] Blah 2 (was: [IBC] the list is quiet) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 19-03-2003 01:56 PM
[IBC] the list is quiet Craig Cowing Bonsai 0 19-03-2003 01:56 PM