Old 30-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Trimming the Apex

How do I trim the Apex of a tree to reduce a tree in height and still leave
the apex full of foliage? Do I simply use concave cutters to trim above

the
knuckle of a fairly busy pair of branches? Should I wire other branches
upward to give the illusion that the Apex is full? Or is there a

completely
different way to trim for height and still leave a full looking apex?

If you can present the Latin (Genus and Species) for the tree, I (and
others) can advise. In bonsai, we are ALWAYS talking about "apples and oranges."

You will need to understand the growth habits of your particular tree in the
context of your design objectives. Bonsai is truly the marriage of
horticultural knowledge and artistic ability. The two in combination form the basis
of the art.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++