Old 17-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] Dwarf Alberta Spruce ??

Hi all;

The nurseries around my place are filling their shelves with this years
conifers, and I found a 3 foot Alberta Spruce that has potential.
It's in a two gallon pot, with a 1 1/2 inch trunk, with nice primary
branches about 3 inches up the trunk.
I'm considering chopping it, and making one of these branches the new top.

Any do's and don'ts ??????

Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA - Zone 6

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Mark Hill

Thanks Sam;

I'll keep your points in mind when I chop this critter.
It is my intention to transfer the entire root ball into the ground for the
summer and see if it grows into something useful. I'm a newbie so all this
stuff is a learning curve.

Mark Hill - Harrisburg, PA - Zone 6 (and 70 degrees !!!)