Old 24-10-2005, 02:08 PM

Default [IBC] Cascades

In a message dated 10/24/05 12:02:28 AM, Sue Marsh writes:
cascades are difficult to place on the ground-

If you have to put a cascade on the ground, or for packing, put the whole pot
in a baggie and tie it tight around the trunk. Then you can lay it on its
back. When you unpack, you will lose some surface soil, but that is a minor
problem. If you are taking it to a show, be sure to take something with you for top
dressing.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Carl Rosner

Dear IBCers:
One of the things that I used to do with cascades was to fit a piece of the plastic screening (for screen doors) around the trunk of the cascade, and then bring it down around the out side of the pot and either tape it or use rubber bands.

I would lay the pot on its side every other week during the growing season, and face the end (the apex of the tail) towards the sun to help it grow toward the light. Of course, when I had to put the tree awas for the winter I used to put the pot on its side, as mentioned by Jim.

Carl L. Rosner

wrote:
In a message dated 10/24/05 12:02:28 AM, Sue Marsh writes:
cascades are difficult to place on the ground-

If you have to put a cascade on the ground, or for packing, put the whole pot
in a baggie and tie it tight around the trunk. Then you can lay it on its
back. When you unpack, you will lose some surface soil, but that is a minor
problem. If you are taking it to a show, be sure to take something with you for top
dressing.
Iris

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7

www.carlrosner.com
http://www.yessy.com/arteacher3725
http://rosner.becanz.net