Old 31-10-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Variegated Serissa not doing well

I brought a variegated serissa to my classroom. It is not doing well.
The leaves are drying out and dropping off. I suspect the room is
getting too cool at night. I'm in the Chicagoland area.

I recall some discussion about the possibility of using heating pads
for indoor plants at night, even a water bed heater. Would anyone have
any recommendations for keeping the plant warm? If all else fails,
I'll just take it home.

I also have a bamboo plant (or what they sell as bamboo) which is going
on its second year in the classroom, cool nights and all. I have a
Fukien Tea Teeny Leaf on its first year, and it is thriving, deep green
leaves, and still producing berries. It's only the serissa that's
having problems.

Thank you.