Old 26-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Doonemd

Default rhododendron litangense questions from Oregon

Hi,
It was raining too hard here in Eugene Oregon to work in the yard yesterday so
I went browsing at a local nursery. I found 3 very nice rhododendren litangense
with great trunks, small, green, oval leaves and covered with buds, appear to
be purple. I searched and found that litangense=impeditum? I have another poor
specimem of imipeditum with a horrible scrawny trunk (it is in the ground in
hopes it will grow) with much more narrow leaves. Are these the same or just
part of the larger family and if I wait until after they flower to prune back
hard will the litangense bud back? The trunks are very nice about 1.5" or mabe
a little more in diameter with nice nebari. I'd like to make some nice shohin.
Or are these destined to becom part of the landscape in my yard?
Thanks in advance
Lorna

OT-ish, trip report from Southern Oregon, pond oriented Ka30P Ponds 3 08-08-2004 08:42 PM
Any Bend, Oregon ponders ? Caph Ponds 1 30-08-2003 11:12 PM
Amending soil in raised beds in NW Oregon Marcia Marvin Edible Gardening 2 05-04-2003 12:44 AM
Mahonia/oregon grape question TOM KAN PA Gardening 5 17-03-2003 10:08 AM
Oregon Ponders - Frog Question Dave Thompson Ponds 2 11-03-2003 05:59 AM