Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Robert O'Brien

Default [IBC] collecting ? : (

Hey folks...just wanted to let people know...not ALL collecting trips are
fruitful !!! after seeing a stand of larch locally in a swamp 3 years ago ,
I finally found the landowner ,obtained permission and set out to looking for
worthy yamadori this morning. After taking nearly a half hour to get a couple
hundred yards into the swamp through extra thick tangles of god knows
what...I discovered that the only larch in here were the ones visible from
the road..all between 30 to 60' average height. Absolutely no saplings or
anything under these heights !!! Needless to say I was quite disapointed !
Oh...I almost forgot...I also found out my boots both leak profusely !!!
Anyway...believe it or not I really did enjoy myself...unbeleivable moss on
everything...kind of like what you see in an old growth forest...and it's
nice to be where no person ever goes...solitude yet close to home. so...can
anyone tell me why there were no younger trees anywhere to be found ? I truly
expected to find at least SOME collectable trees !...thanks for
reading...BobO

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++