Old 02-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Taylor

Default [IBC] I'm back!!

Wow, I can't believe this list is still around! Well, I'm really not surprised, just happy that it is. I used to post here some 4 or 5 years back, and I always enjoyed this group. I have been away from the Bonsai hobby for to long and am wanting to get bac
k into it.

The last time around was frustrating. I live in Arizona, so I don't have a lot of options on different Bonsai. I had a Pomegranate bonsai that was doing real well until I left it out in the sun to long one day. The leafs shriveled up and it never recovered
Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Iris Cohen

I live in Arizona, so I don't have a lot of options on different Bonsai.

We have several members in Arizona, so they must have some encouragement for
you.
I would investigate the following:
Olea europaea, especially "Little Ollie."
The Mediterranean pines, such as brutia, halepensis, & pinea.
True cedars, like Cedar of Lebanon.
Operculicarya decaryi
Portulacaria afra
some of the Southwestern junipers
Palo verde
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 03-04-2003, 08:08 AM
Pat Patterson

G'day all...

Taylor...welcome back...where in Arizona?

Pat

Dez of the Arizona High Dezert, at 4550', Oracle, AZ,
2000' above Tucson Sunset Zone 10 USDA Zone 8
aka: Pat Patterson 'riding off in all directions'