Old 06-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Harry L Abel

Default [IBC] Online sources for japanese maples?

hi all,
i have maybe 20 mature a palmatum.. these girls put out.
right now i probly have 20,000 seedlings in the yard...natural offspring from
my big girls. some are red palmata types, some are dissected. some are
green, and all combinations therof. my lawn guys cut down hundreds of them,
more really. they sprout in every immaginable media, old pots of hosta,
sawdust, rock. bring a shovel and come on down. red groundcover.
har[Unable to display image]

Harry Abel/Shinkigen...
a new beginning
we do not create the beauty, we only point out the beauty
God has created.
we are stewards of The Garden
bamboo artifacts for the garden and pond
hand carved lava water basins and free form lanterns
hosta bonsai bamboo japanese maples
garden design/build/management
770-434-9955h 678-462-7080 cell
www.shinkigen.com
psalm150
rock and roll

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-04-2003, 01:32 AM
kevin bailey

Or are there sounds "specific" to a jgarden/bonsai garden that people
shoot for? TIA

Dunno about waterfall sound creation. My feeling is that anything mocked
up on the computer is very unlikely to be easily recreated on site.
There are just too many variables. As long as you use common sense and
allow for the design being adjustable you shouldn't go far wrong. Just
try to avoid the "Horse having a pee" sound as that can be most
distracting when one is a aiming for tranquillity and serenity;-)

Seriously, I'd love to have a wind chime along the lines of the one Gill
Taylor-Duxbury did for the British National Collection at Birmingham
Botanical Gardens. VERY large tubes that are tuned and so heavy that
they rarely ring, but when they do......

Large Bamboo is also a sound maker that adds much to any Japanese
garden. Wind rusting leaves, tapping stems together and so forth.

Good luck

Kev Bailey

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++