Old 07-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] ibc auction on the gallery!

This honeysuckle was collected by me and Doug Taylor near my home in
Orange County, NY. The species, as far as I know, is Morrow's
honeysuckle, or Lonicera morrowii. The auction will start tomorrow,
Monday, April 7, at noon and last until Mon., April 14 at noon. I wanted
to go longer, but I want to be able to ship this to the winner before
it comes completely out of dormancy. It is just barely beginning to
bud. Fortunately it is going to be cold for the next few days so that
will slow it down.

The large roots can be cut way back. It will sprout new roots readily.
Nick Lenz has a couple of pages in his book if you are fortunate enough
to own it.

This species breaks buds all over the place, and shoots grow quickly,
although the trunk does not thicken very quickly. Growth rings are
typically less than a millimeter wide. This specimen is probably about
20-30 years old.

I will ship bare root to anyone in the US except in California, Hawaii
or Alaska. It wouldn't survive in Hawaii anyway. This plant will
require some winter for dormancy.

I will also cut the long branches back some more to facilitate shipping.
I will cover postage. This should ship fine by the Post Office if I ship
on a Monday. I will ship once I have received confirmation from Reiner
Goebel that he has received the proper amount from the winner.

Please email me directly at with your bid. I
will notify the list after 8 PM EST of the status each day. I'll go by
the date stamp on the email.
Thanks everyone, and I hope we get a lot of bids!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...rnetbonsaiclub