Old 15-02-2003, 10:27 PM
David J. Bockman

Default [IBC] Dorothy Young's 'Bonsai : The Art and Technique' available

Although it's wa-a-a-ay too rich for my blood, I noticed this book dealer
has a copy for sale ($199.00)

Tom Patino Books: http://www.abebooks.com/home/PATINO/

I am in no way affiliated nor do I benefit in any way if anyone snags this
book-- I just know quite a few people who want it (including myself!)

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 16-02-2003, 12:51 AM
Andrew Spaxman

Why so much for a book?

Andrew
www.bonsaihelp.com

news:MCBBKEJMLJHKJNHPELNACELNCCAA.djb@bunabayashi. com...

****

****

Old 16-02-2003, 04:27 AM
David J. Bockman

Mostly scarcity. While many praise the book for its content, while it is
surely well-written and an early ground-breaker in english bonsai lit, the
text is of course somewhat dated and the horticultural/styling advice
antiquated.

Old 16-02-2003, 10:03 PM
DougDT

The last one I seen on E bay went for $250. +/- (signed in like new
condition) there is an unsigned copy listed on E Bay now, so far it is only
39.90.

I found the book a while back and was surprised to see Nick Lenz's addition
to the book. I wonder if he still has that unique stand.

Doug T.