Old 18-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Scott Clark

Default Pop ups on the news group

I was reading about "fish tank water" and got a pop up selling a method I'd
rather not describe. Has anyone else experienced this. The spam is bad but
if this is the new thing then my participation on the web is over.
Let me know.
Rgds,
Scott Clark

Old 18-02-2003, 03:27 AM
Iris Cohen

Good God! I haven't had that yet. I think AOL filters them out.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 18-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Gary Woods

"Scott Clark" wrote:

I was reading about "fish tank water" and got a pop up selling a method I'd
rather not describe.

What are you using to read the newsgroup? Your client shouldn't open
attachments without permission, and HTML in a newsgroup is very bad
manners. Or, was this something direct to the bonsai mailing list that
didn't get posted to the group?

This group has been remarkably spam-free so far.

Old 18-02-2003, 04:27 AM
sclark

Gary,
I was reading the thread when all of a sudden this message flashed right
over the top of post i was reading. My folders were all closed and all I
had open was the usenet. Never saw that sort of thing before but I will say
that I've been getting 50 to 100 spam a day - 50% in Korean. I'm so sick of
it I haven't posted anything anywhere and I was hesitant to say anything
about this event. The whole spam thing is so tiresome that if it happens
again I think that'll be it for the newsgroups.
Rgds,
Scott

Old 18-02-2003, 07:39 AM
Chili_Verde

"Scott Clark" wrote in message
I was reading about "fish tank water" and got a pop up selling a method

I'd
rather not describe. Has anyone else experienced this. The spam is bad

but
if this is the new thing then my participation on the web is over.
Let me know.
Rgds,
Scott Clark

You are victims of the newest craze in Spamming; DirectAd's! You can get
one of the the blocking software programs from this URL...

http://www.coffeecup.com/popup-blocker/

I think it has something to do with having an Instant Messenger installed
like AIM or Microsoft Messenger.

Chili!

Pop Eye Terry Ponds (alternative) 1 12-04-2003 01:20 PM
FOR SALE: 2002 Flagstaff Pop-up camper Glenn S. Ponds 5 07-04-2003 02:20 AM
FOR SALE: 2002 Flagstaff Pop-up camper Glenn S. Ponds 0 04-04-2003 01:24 AM
What's the problem with this lawn? -Caution: Pop-up Spam Warren Gardening 2 19-03-2003 04:44 AM
[IBC] Pop ups on the news group Jim Lewis Bonsai 4 22-02-2003 11:51 PM