Old 17-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Ulmus 'Kimmie'

You recall I inquired about this cultivar of Ulmus parvifolia. i bought one a
year ago from Wildwood Gardens, & nobody had ever heard of it. They still have
some for sale, a year older & in bonsai pots. It is a slow grower, but not
particularly delicate. Scale and habit seem to be between 'Seiju' & 'Hokkaido.'
Young leaves are a pale chartreuse, & mature to normal green with a white edge.
At this year's MidAtlantic, Tony Mihalic told me all he knows is that it
originated in Japan & he imported a batch of them. He had no other information.
As you probably know by now, Frank was almost killed in an auto accident. He
was recovering, but had to have his spleen removed last Saturday. I haven't
heard anything since.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

[IBC] ulmus parvifolia growth and pruning Lee Braiden Bonsai 1 27-02-2005 10:55 PM
Looking for ulmus parvifolia seeds. lantzmich Bonsai 2 06-01-2005 06:06 PM
[IBC] Ulmus aka Elm Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 31 13-12-2004 06:38 AM
Ulmus Clive Shipping Bonsai 0 11-12-2004 03:42 PM
[IBC] black aphid infestation on Ulmus P David J. Bockman Bonsai 3 19-04-2004 08:07 PM