Old 21-04-2003, 01:32 PM
XdjipsterX

Default ficus lose leaves (B E N J A M I N A )

two of my f.b have lost all their leaves ON THE SAME DAY???
theit place wasn't changed...they were watered as usually but their leaves
didn't turn yellow...they just dryed out???
where's the problem???
can I do anything to save them??
temp is around 15-20°c and spring has just came!!!!
I don't get it...
help please
ivan
croatia
zone7-8

Old 22-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Luke Tulkas

"XdjipsterX" wrote in message
two of my f.b have lost all their leaves ON THE SAME DAY???
theit place wasn't changed...they were watered as usually but their

leaves
didn't turn yellow...they just dryed out???
where's the problem???
can I do anything to save them??
temp is around 15-20°c and spring has just came!!!!

Could be (spider)mites, but I guess it's a little too early in the
spring for a major attack. I'd say you overwatered them. If they get too
little water their leaves turn yellow before they fall. If they get too
much water (combined with cold), then the leaves fall while still green.
Sadly, benjamins are reluctant to regrow if totally defoliated (unless
the climate is perfect for them) so I think your trees are dead. I could
be mistaking, though. I'd strongly suggest that you check the roots, cut
off the rotten ones and repot using a free draining soil mix. Good luck!