Old 22-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Tony Busko

Default [IBC] Bringing in clippings during COLD nights?

Hello all,

I've got a tray pot that I have about 6-9 clippings with a plastic bag
over it in hope it will root. :-) Last night was pretty chilly here in So
Cal, about low 40's. I can't remember previous emails, but should I bring
in the clippings when it gets chilly, or will it be ok to keep outside
during the COLD night. Your answers are always greatly appreciated...

Have a good Tuesday!

Best regards,
Tony Busko
Redondo Beach, CA Zone 10

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 22-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Brent Walston

At 02:30 PM 4/22/03 -0400, Tony Busko wrote:
Hello all,

I've got a tray pot that I have about 6-9 clippings with a plastic bag
over it in hope it will root. :-) Last night was pretty chilly here in So
Cal, about low 40's. I can't remember previous emails, but should I bring
in the clippings when it gets chilly, or will it be ok to keep outside
during the COLD night. Your answers are always greatly appreciated...

Tony

No, the cold won't hurt them, but not knowing exactly what you have or what
state they are in, it is probably best if you don't let them freeze. The
cold may slow them down a bit, but probably not significantly.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 22-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Tony Busko

Thanks...I wish I could tell what the official name of the tree is called
but I only got that it's called a cork tree when I attended a bonsai show
at a botanical garden. He's the one that told me to take a lot of
clippings as some of them might/might not work but to be patient and to
cover it with a bag.

Tony

Redondo Beach, CA Zone 10

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/