Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Lynn Smith

Default [IBC] Blue Star Juniper

Good Day All,

Being new to the art of bonsai can be frusterating. I have been adivised by
our local club here to start with some nursery stock. Junipers have been
recommended due to their ease of growing and taking the abuse a newcomer has
to go through.

I chose a Blue Star Juniper. I love the color of this plant, I picked
through them to find one that I liked the shape of and came out with one
that is slightly slanting to one side of the pot. It is quite full and will
need lots of trimming and work on it.

I would like to know if I can pot this juniper in a bonsai pot and do some
pruning to shape it all at once?

I have two pots one being 8"Lx5"W and 10"Lx7 1/2"W. The juniper is in a 1
gal pot at the moment. Which of these two is the better size for this plant?

Because it is on a slant already do you plant them to one side in the pot or
in the middle?

Our club is quite new and there are some members that can help me if I need
it but they are learning too. If any of you could be of assistance to me I
would greatly appreciate it.

Have a nice day.........Lynn

http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy...n.asp?cid=3963

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++