Old 14-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] Escallonia redux

Very nice bonsai indeed

when is its flowering season? I have few trees in the park whose bark is as smooth
as and makes grapes of flowers but in august september might be that one? the
naked trunk is very smoot as peeled and has some scales of different color
sometimes.. I have seen similar to the variety in the park near my house in The
States west coast near St Francisco but the flowers were more deep pourple or white
( mine are pink )
I tried to see the leaves in the pics as close as I could and tonite will have
alook in my park
Theo

Jim Lewis wrote:

I've found my answer. Take a look at Tony Tickle's Escallonia on
the gallery.

They DO make nice bonsai!!!!

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 14-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Very nice bonsai indeed

when is its flowering season?

The form I am looking at -- Escallonia x exoniensis -- reportedly
flowers continuously from late spring to fall.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] "The Spirit of Bonsai design: Combine the Power of Zen and nature" (redux) Jim Lewis Bonsai 35 18-12-2003 01:27 AM
[IBC] vendors redux Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 25-07-2003 04:22 PM
[IBC] Escallonia x exoniensis Jim Lewis Bonsai 3 14-05-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] escallonia, etc Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 14-05-2003 01:20 AM
[IBC] Escallonia and Kurume azalea 'Mildred' Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 13-05-2003 08:20 PM