Old 14-05-2003, 10:44 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Acer Deshoho stratified seeds in the uk?

Not Deshojo but you can get a very good selection of reliable stratified
seeds from Andrew Norfield seeds. Rhydwern Farm, Llangwm Arboretum, Usk
NP5 1NQ. UK
A good variety of exotic plant seeds can also be obtained from: Chiltern
Seeds, Bortree Stile, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7BP. UK Tel: 01229
581137S

I've bought from them both for many years with very good results. I
think you would be too late for this season though.

Cheers

Kev Bailey

Old 15-05-2003, 08:44 PM
denebet

kevin bailey wrote:

Not Deshojo but you can get a very good selection of reliable stratified
seeds from Andrew Norfield seeds. Rhydwern Farm, Llangwm Arboretum, Usk
NP5 1NQ. UK
A good variety of exotic plant seeds can also be obtained from: Chiltern
Seeds, Bortree Stile, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7BP. UK Tel: 01229
581137S

I've bought from them both for many years with very good results. I
think you would be too late for this season though.

I have bought seeds two years ago at fall from www.acerpalmatum.com and
though I stratified them correctly none of them germinated. Now I wander
into public parks and look for mature A. palmatum. Though of course you
won't have exactly the same characteristics than the parent tree, I have
found that the probability of getting a color close to the parent is not
that bad.

alain
/ 'Vit preg brezhoneg g'ur pouezh-mouezh \
\ a feson, me ya da /
\ http://brezhonegbev.free.fr /
-----------------------------------
\ ,+*^^*+___+++_
\ ,*^^^^ )
\ _+* ^**+_
\ +^ _ _++*+_+++_, )
_+^^*+_ ( ,+*^ ^ \+_ )
{ ) ( ,( ,_+--+--, ^) ^\
{ (@) } f ,( ,+-^ __*_*_ ^^\_ ^\ )
{:;-/ (_+*-+^^^^^+*+*_ _++_)_ ) ) /
( / ( ( ,___ ^*+_+* ) \
U _/ ) *-- ) ^\-----++__) ) ) )
( ) _(^)^^)) ) )\^^^^^))^*+/ / /
( / (_))_^)) ) ) ))^^^^^))^^^)__/ +^^
( ,/ (^))^)) ) ) ))^^^^^^^))^^) _)
*+__+* (_))^) ) ) ))^^^^^^))^^^^^)____*^
\ \_)^)_)) ))^^^^^^^^^^))^^^^)
(_ ^\__^^^^^^^^^^^^))^^^^^^^)
^\___ ^\__^^^^^^))^^^^^^^^)\\
^^^^^\uuu/^^\uuu/^^^^\^\^\^\^\^\^\^\
___) ____) ___ ^\_\_\_\_\_\_\)
^^^//\\_^^//\\_^ ^(\_\_\_\)
^^^ ^^ ^^^ ^

Old 15-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Please, folks, limit sig lines and sig art to FOUR lines. This
all takes up useless space in the archives (and doesn't look
like anything anyway if you use a proportional font!).

Thanks.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

/ 'Vit preg brezhoneg g'ur pouezh-mouezh \
\ a feson, me ya da /
\
http://brezhonegbev.free.fr /
-----------------------------------
\ ,+*^^*+___+++_
\ ,*^^^^ )
\ _+* ^**+_
\ +^ _ _++*+_+++_, )
_+^^*+_ ( ,+*^ ^ \+_ )
{ ) ( ,( ,_+--+--, ^) ^\
{ (@) } f ,( ,+-^ __*_*_ ^^\_ ^\ )
{:;-/ (_+*-+^^^^^+*+*_ _++_)_ ) ) /
( / ( ( ,___ ^*+_+* ) \
U _/ ) *-- ) ^\-----++__) ) ) )
( ) _(^)^^)) ) )\^^^^^))^*+/ / /
( / (_))_^)) ) ) ))^^^^^))^^^)__/ +^^
( ,/ (^))^)) ) ) ))^^^^^^^))^^) _)
*+__+* (_))^) ) ) ))^^^^^^))^^^^^)____*^
\ \_)^)_)) ))^^^^^^^^^^))^^^^)
(_ ^\__^^^^^^^^^^^^))^^^^^^^)
^\___ ^\__^^^^^^))^^^^^^^^)\\
^^^^^\uuu/^^\uuu/^^^^\^\^\^\^\^\^\^\
___) ____) ___ ^\_\_\_\_\_\_\)
^^^//\\_^^//\\_^ ^(\_\_\_\)
^^^ ^^ ^^^ ^

***************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Evergreen

Gardenworks++++

***************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail

+++++

Old 15-05-2003, 11:20 PM
kevin bailey

I completely agree. I often get much better results from seed collected
from my own trees and stratified immediately. To buy viable seed of
specific parentage though you must get them from a reputable dealer that
only supplies fresh seed that has been stored correctly. I have found
both of the ones mentioned to be excellent in this respect.

Cheers

Kev Bailey

********
********