Old 19-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] ADMIN - For AOL users - please respond privately

For IBCers who use AOL -- especially the later/latest version(s):

If you are getting the message "No Message Collected" (or
something similar) for mail from this list and other lists and
addresses, that is an AOL problem. You should tell AOL Support
(such as it is) what is happening, with as much detail as
possible -- originating address, time, frequency, etc. Full
headers always help.

If there is a pattern to the incoming mail that shows this
message let AOL (and me, please) know. _I_ ONLY want to know if
there seems to be a group of addresses that always or often get
these responses. LSoft also is trying to contact AOL to see
what's wrong and if there is some discernable pattern, that may
help with diagnosis.

I suspect it is part of AOL's attempt to eliminate SPAM. I don't
think that can be done generically by an ISP without catching a
lot of addresses that shouldn't be caught. Then again, some
folks may be using (legitimately) ISPs that also are homes to
spammers.

I'd also like to know if it happens when you use AOL's mail
program, when you use Outlook Express through AOL, or both.

Mail to me on this subject should be sent privately.

You also might want to reconsider AOL. :-/

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

*IMPORTANT* Message for Google Group, Usenet and AOL users! [email protected] Gardening 11 28-01-2005 09:53 PM
OT - AOL users Phil L United Kingdom 1 26-01-2005 11:58 AM
*IMPORTANT* Message for Google Group, Usenet and AOL users! [email protected] Ponds 0 25-01-2005 10:22 PM
[IBC] ADMIN: [IBC] Swen Worm DO NOT RESPOND ON LIST Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 19-09-2003 11:45 PM
[IBC] vendors - respond PRIVATELY Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-07-2003 02:20 AM