Old 27-05-2003, 05:20 PM
David Lowman

Default [IBC] Citrus propagation

Hello All ,
Does anyone know if relatively large cuttings ( 1/2 to 1") of citrus can be
struck successfully??
Key Lime and Calamondin Orange to be specific.

Is there a fungicide that is helpful for tender new shoot wilt on Chinese
elm??

Have a great day !
Sincerely, David Lowman
DaSu Studio...Central Iowa
http://www.bonsaitrees.com
(we now offer ROOTS 2 products)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 27-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Is there a fungicide that is helpful for tender new shoot wilt on Chinese
elm??

You have an elm, and the new shoots are wilting? That could be a
root problem: pull the plant out of its pot and check for dead roots.
Fungicides won't do any good if the problem isn't fungal in nature,
and if it's a fungal *root* rot, fungicides won't do any good, either.

Give us more information and maybe we can help.
--
Nina Shishkoff

Frederick, MD

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 27-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Is there a fungicide that is helpful for tender new shoot wilt

on Chinese
elm??

You have an elm, and the new shoots are wilting? That could be

root problem: pull the plant out of its pot and check for dead

roots.
Fungicides won't do any good if the problem isn't fungal in

nature,
and if it's a fungal *root* rot, fungicides won't do any good,

either.

Give us more information and maybe we can help.

Like, where are you? Drake elms are dying by the scores here in
north and north central Florida. It IS a fungus.

David Thoreau - Walden

Old 27-05-2003, 08:44 PM
David Lowman

I am in central Iowa as my tag line indicates. : )
I was under the impression that this was common to Chinese elm bonsai that
can be 'healthy as a horse' except for a minor wilt in _some_ of the tender
new tips.