Old 09-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Because of "Requiem" post

The reason for the post is to wonder, out loud so to speak, is
there ~any~
guidelines for the Bonsai fanciers to perhaps prevent this in

the future?

I would think if not, some of you might consider making one and

posting it
where it can be found easily. I know each time away from home

can be
different but isn't there any hard and fast rules that must be

adhered to
each day, for any kind of tree? Watering, nutrients, etc?

You might take a look at my recent Care Tips article (#4).
Posted yesterday. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 09-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Olde Hippie

"You might take a look at my recent Care Tips article (#4).
Posted yesterday."

Just did. I copied it to wordpad to read later and had not got to it until
I posted. It didn't address everything I asked, but it is a good start.

I think anything short of an emergency, one should be able to call on
friends and ask if they want to learn, and or help out so one could actually
be away from the trees for a needed vacation. From what I read here, a much
needed vacation from Bonsai is often necessary.

Thanks Jim.

Olde Hippie

--
to reply direct remove number from addy

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts will"
"I prefer to perambulate to the tempo of a different percussionist"
"Stupidity is believing much, while understanding little"
....Charles A. Meyers

Old 10-06-2003, 03:08 AM
p.aradi

Folks:

Thank you very much for the messages of sympathy
you sent me, both on the forum and privately. Sharing
my sorrow somewhat eased the pain.

Regarding the suggestions several of you made, I did
have a fellow club member and experienced bonsai
person in my home to look after the trees and my
wife's koi. All the koi are fine.

Well, as far as the trees goes, I am not certain what happened.

I am sure it won't happen to me again as I have no plans
or money for another long journey.

Cheers and good luck to you all.

Peter Aradi
Tulsa, Oklahoma