Old 11-06-2003, 11:08 AM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] CRITIQUE

Can i post images to this group?

Yes, but not here. Here
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...netbonsaiclub_
ibcgallery

Make sure you read the instructions on pic size and you can try a test
on the test gallery here
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...netbonsaiclub_
testforum

Look forward to seeing the Human Fly's trees.

Kev Bailey

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 11-06-2003, 11:20 AM
humanfly

Ok, I am on it. Brace yourselves.....
"kevin bailey" wrote in message
Can i post images to this group?

Yes, but not here. Here
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...netbonsaiclub_
ibcgallery

Make sure you read the instructions on pic size and you can try a test
on the test gallery here
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...netbonsaiclub_
testforum

Look forward to seeing the Human Fly's trees.

Kev Bailey

---

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 11-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Ben Griffin

His link didn't work for me so it may not work for
you. You can go to

www.internetbonsaiclub.com

and then just click on gallery and then post to the
potensai forum.

Ben

http://calendar.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 11-06-2003, 01:08 PM
J. Gettinger

Please note

www.internetbonsaiclub.com is a good site, a very good site, but it is not
this site ... you want .org to get to the gallery

www.internetbonsaiclub.org then follow the links to the gallery.

the first link brings you to BonsaiTalk. A completely different place. Hey
maybe you should go to both?

Jay

Old 11-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Ben Griffin

Hmmm i have a new bunch of bugs in my garden i
discovered today. Lately its been quite rainy here
actually its been quite rainy all spring. But the
past 2 days have been mostly sun and warmer in the
upper 70's. Ive seen a leaf cutter bees and a few
butterflies so i know that bugs are hatching. But
today when i was out watering my trees i came to my
japanese juniper. And as the mist from the noxel hit
its foilage a small swarm of tiny light colored bugs
flew off. They are not white fly, they are not fungus
gnats or aphids they are about the size of whitefly
but seem more transparent and move much faster. They
kept swarming around in the air almost like they were
trying to crash into each other in the air it was a
very bizzare behavior. Anyway i ran a search on the
web and came up with midges. Ive never encountered
them but i don't think they are good..... They are
tiny not the size of mosquito's. But regardless im
kinda clueless as to what they are but im nervous
since there were tons of them on that japanese juniper
maybe 30 or 40 flew off of it. They left alone my
golden coast juniper and san hose juniper in fact the
only plant they were on was my japanese juniper. I
just yesterday thinned out the foilage and cleared
away any interior deadwood but i doubt that has
anything to do with there emergence. I would rather
not use a bugspray on any of my trees is there a
biological control that would work to get rid of them
if they are bad? Any way i think im rambling so if
anyone knows what these things are please let me know.

Thanks
Ben

http://calendar.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Jim Lewis

But
today when i was out watering my trees i came to my
japanese juniper. And as the mist from the noxel hit
its foilage a small swarm of tiny light colored bugs
flew off. They are not white fly, they are not fungus
gnats or aphids they are about the size of whitefly
but seem more transparent and move much faster. They
kept swarming around in the air almost like they were
trying to crash into each other in the air it was a
very bizzare behavior. Anyway i ran a search on the
web and came up with midges. Ive never encountered
them but i don't think they are good.....

Midges are no threat to your juniper. Midges (their larvae)
occasionally cause galls on trees (such as bald cypress), but the
adults prey on warm-blooded animals -- NOT on trees.

They are
tiny not the size of mosquito's. But regardless im
kinda clueless as to what they are but im nervous
since there were tons of them on that japanese juniper
maybe 30 or 40 flew off of it.

Scarcely "tons." Does your tree appear to be healthy? If it
looks OK, it is unlikely that whatever these little animiclues
are were causing the tree any harm. There are millions of
species of insects, and 99% of them are harmless or even
beneficial. The mere fact that you see an insect (or insects) on
your trees does NOT portend disaster.

They left alone my
golden coast juniper and san hose juniper in fact the
only plant they were on was my japanese juniper.

Which probably indicated they are harmless. To an insect, a
juniper is a juniper. They won't distinguish to the species
level.

just yesterday thinned out the foilage and cleared
away any interior deadwood but i doubt that has
anything to do with there emergence.

Actually, it could. These insects -- whatever they are -- may
have been attracted to the cuts and could have been feeding on
the sap (sugars) that was leaking from the wound.

I would rather
not use a bugspray on any of my trees is there a
biological control that would work to get rid of them
if they are bad?

Just keep an eye on things. If your tree starts looking bad,
THEN take steps to discover the cause.

And note that bio-controls seldom work on individual plants as
small as a bonsai. For bio-controls to work, there must be a
MASS of food available to them. Otherwise, they move on to
greener pastures. Literally. They work on crops, but an
individual plant doesn't offer them enough incentive to stick
around.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Please Critique This Pond Advice [email protected] Ponds 4 05-05-2006 02:56 AM
Critique me humanfly Bonsai 1 12-06-2003 10:56 AM
CRITIQUE humanfly Bonsai 0 11-06-2003 09:32 AM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] Mastering Technique (Was [IBC] proposal) Mark Hill Bonsai 1 27-02-2003 11:25 PM
[IBC] To: IBC Enforcer (was: [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy?) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 11:25 PM