Old 21-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] iron in wellwater

I don't know about the iron, but usually leaves turning yellow is a sign
of over watering. You say you are fertilizing twice a week, isn't that a
little too much??? I would certainly check with some of your Bonsai
friends in your area.... as to your fertilizing regimen..

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Jay Wilson wrote:

Hello All,
I'm wondering if the iron in wellwater is in a form that's useable by
plants? I had assumed it is, but a few of my trees are yellowing a bit and I
wonder if it's lack of iron. I fertilize bi-weekly with Dr.Shultz 20-30-20
at the one teaspoon per gallon rate.
Thanks,
Jay Wilson
Central Florida

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 21-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Jay Wilson

Maybe I put that wrong. I meant to say that I fertilized every two weeks.
I don't think I'm over watering I may in fact be letting them get too dry
between watering. The trees in question are a citrus (only one of two the
other is a dark green ) and most of my native pines. It's not that serious
(yet?) other than the slight yellowing the trees have been growing nicely. I
might just need some trace elements.
Thanks for the reply!

Jay Wilson

"Carl L Rosner" wrote in message
I don't know about the iron, but usually leaves turning yellow is a sign
of over watering. You say you are fertilizing twice a week, isn't that a
little too much??? I would certainly check with some of your Bonsai
friends in your area.... as to your fertilizing regimen..

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner

http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...page&artistid=
0000006848

Jay Wilson wrote:

Hello All,
I'm wondering if the iron in wellwater is in a form that's useable by
plants? I had assumed it is, but a few of my trees are yellowing a bit

and I
wonder if it's lack of iron. I fertilize bi-weekly with Dr.Shultz

20-30-20
at the one teaspoon per gallon rate.
Thanks,
Jay Wilson
Central Florida

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 22-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Jay Wilson

Thanks Billy,
Jay Wilson
"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote in message
In a message dated 6/21/2003 1:30:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I'm wondering if the iron in well water is in a form that's useable by

plants?

No, in fact most of what appears as iron is really a bacteria

feeding
upon minerals in the water when exposed to air.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

iron in wellwater Jay Wilson Bonsai 0 21-06-2003 04:56 PM
what's a good iron level to maintain? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 15 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
Amazon Swords holes in leaf... iron problem? Darwin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 9 20-04-2003 06:10 AM
Jonsered Iron Horse Jerry Mohlman alt.forestry 0 25-12-2002 07:01 PM
Cast iron lawn roller Baz United Kingdom 2 30-09-2002 08:53 AM