Old 24-06-2003, 09:44 PM
CrymeLord

Default My Bonzai Tree is dying or could be dead. HELP!

My wife and I bought a nice juniper a few months ago. We were told to
water it three times a week (which according to the instructions we
had, meant submersing the plant up to the base of the trunk pot and
all for about 5 minutes.), and giving it moderate sunlight.

We tried to do this as much as possible. A few weeks ago, we noticed
that at the base of some of the branches the leaves were turning light
brown (not good). We figured we weren't giving it enough light, and we
tried to correct.

Now, the tree is kind of sickly looking. While still green, it is
brittle. Reading some more of the literature that came with the plant,
I found out that we should have been fertilizing it every other week.
We haven't done that at all.

I feel stupid and ashamed. Does my tree sound dead to anyone out
there?

If there is still a chance to save it, what can I do? If I need
fertilizer, is there a specific kind that I need.

Any information would be appreciated and helpful. The tree is/was
about 17 years old and I'd love to find a way to revive it.

Please respond to this message, and/or to my personal e-mail address:

Thanks a bunch,

Tom