Old 02-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] pinus strobus back budding!!

Oh, the advantages of living in an area with more than two months of a
growing season! My big Eastern White Pine (Pinus strobus) that is in
it's third year of training is doing well in backbudding. At several
sites where I pruned back or at least pinched candles in the spring I'm
now getting some more delicate candles. Should I pinch those too, or
just let them grow? They are much more delicate than the ones that
first came in the spring. I'm also getting more backbudding on newer
branches. Buds have been popping out in the last few days. This is
great, with it being only the beginning of July.

I'll post pics when I can on the gallery. Things are rather hectic
right now. I spent most of the day helping my wife pack up as she
prepares to move back to Massachusetts. Busy time, rather stressful.
Good thing I have my trees and some special bonsai friends to help me
through!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Back Budding Ben Griffin Bonsai 25 14-03-2004 11:43 PM
back budding MadSweeney Bonsai 0 14-03-2004 05:21 AM
[IBC] styling this pinus bungeana Colin Horn Bonsai 0 06-12-2003 01:13 AM
[IBC] pinus strobus backbudding!! Craig Cowing Bonsai 8 29-05-2003 05:22 AM
[IBC] Olive, Olea europea back budding. Alicia Thompson Bonsai 9 09-02-2003 08:01 AM