Old 11-07-2003, 01:24 AM
Got2Drink

Default bansai help badly

hello all,

Recently my company purchased a bonsai tree, i dont know anything about
bonsai trees. I dont know exactly which type, but it looked just like the
one from the karate kid movie.

it very big tree for a bonsai, biggest one i ever saw, its also 27 years
old, its been in trianing for 6 years, so the card says and i think they
priced it when they brought it around 1000 usd, so i kinda dont want it to
die.

ok well it didnt fair so well in the office, basically the lady taking care
of it had it in the windows facing the brutal sun all day. (office is
located in the us near philadelphia)

The leaves turned brown, and it doesnt seem to be growing any more. I
brought it home to try to save it and although it does look a little better
( there is still green on some of the branches)

Ok i want to know what kind of chance the plant has, plus is there anything
i can do for it. Here is what i have been doing so far.

The plant is on an outside deck and gets about 2 or 3 hours of morning sun
everyday (temp outside hovers between 80-100 degree farenheit).

I fertilize it with miracle grow every two weeks, I water the plants soil
until it falls out the botton of the holes in the pot, about everyday
depending on the dryness of the soil and temperature outside. I also use a
spray mist bottle on it at least once a day. (that also depend son the
weather)

Any help would be great, it does look like its kinda gettting better but its
still brown. I have had it home for about 2 weeks. (i dont expect miracles
right away)

ps someome told me to take the brown leaves off the plant for it will speed
up the new green leafs to grow.

thank you feel free to email me.

first bansai advice please Paul Watt Bonsai 3 24-11-2007 07:57 PM
bonsai help badly Iris Cohen Bonsai 11 12-07-2003 06:44 PM
[IBC] bonsai help badly Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 1 12-07-2003 12:46 AM
Tomatoes and badly placed greenhouse Neil Jones United Kingdom 1 21-04-2003 08:21 PM
Badly weeded area Bobby United Kingdom 5 21-04-2003 01:33 PM