Old 26-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Was . . . whatever

As for you, Jim, you shouldn't pass it up when you need to sell

an old
computer! :-)

Sell? Old computer? You can sell an old computer? HAR!

I give mine away -- to schools, senior centers, youth clubs,
etc.etc. Or, if they're REALLY old, or totally dysfunctional, I
simply put them out by the curb (after "shredding" and
reformatting). Someone almost always "collects" it. If not, the
garbage takes it.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 26-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Jim Lewis

Jim Lewis wrote:

snip

Sell? Old computer? You can sell an old computer? HAR!

snip

Then, astonishingly, Craig scribed:

Believe it or not, Jim, there is beginning to be a market for

older computers. They
have been around long enough for the older ones to become

curiosities for people
who are not old enough to remember the world before home

computers and the
Internet. Sort of the same way in which old radios or

televisions have become
collectibles in their own right.

To which I mumble a reply, to wit:

There's one born every minute.

I still prefer to donate old -- still workable -- machines.