Old 25-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] IBC website

I hope everyone has been over to visit the "new and improved" IBC
website recently.

We've (I say "we" but Nic has done most of the work I just wrote
a word or two here and there) added a new vendor section (and we
need you to add to our all-too-short listing of vendors), a new
list of trees (and you can add a tree, too IF YOU KNOW IT WELL!),
expanded book reviews (add to these too), a growing list of
bonsai-related how-and what-to-do articles, the FAQ, Juniper
class (we need someone to volunteer to do another class in
something -- I think designing a forest bonsai would be a nice
topic for someone to take on) and a complete site redesign,
including a useful sitemap that shows all.

There's also a place for you to send us suggestions for new
sections, articles you'd like to see, corrections of errors
(spelling as well as facts), and since Nic is just about to start
his long swim from the S.E. USA to New Zealand, pushing his
crated possessions (including sanitized pots) along before him,
we have lots of time to think up things for him to do as soon has
he has his computer set up in his new home. ;-)

Seriously, though, we are wide open to suggestions. (I know that
_I_ would like to see more of us submit profiles (AND PICTURES)
to Nic so we all know who is whom). What would YOU like to see
or read?

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

This hits at the right time. In a couple days I'm going "NOMAIL" (which,
FWIW is the way to do it, do not stay on the list and have *#&@^%$#(*
auto-responders).

I've had a little feedback on the new looks of the site, mostly from folks
I'd been corresponding with pretty seriously a couple years ago.

added a new vendor section (and we
need you to add to our all-too-short listing of vendors),

Yes, please add info there. Note that it is planned that vendors in the US
will be broken down by states in the coming future.
http://internetbonsaiclub.org/addvendor.php to add a vendor.

a new
list of trees (and you can add a tree, too IF YOU KNOW IT WELL!),

http://internestbonsaiclub.org/treelist.php
Note that you can sort and filter the list according to several criterions.

expanded book reviews (add to these too),

http://internetbonsaiclub.org/bookrev.php

Juniper
class (we need someone to volunteer to do another class in
something -- I think designing a forest bonsai would be a nice
topic for someone to take on)

Yes, would like that.

I asked Woflgang in Germany (or Austria?) to do one on Fuschia, but he says
his english ain't good enough. Asked also Kath, but she says she has no
time. :-(

Before moving to Savannah, I asked Mike Page to do a class on kingsville
boxwood, was going to get in touch with him again from NZ (Mike, you there?
wanna?)

Something on Succulent might be good, as per recent discussion on the list.

There's also a place for you to send us suggestions for new
sections, articles you'd like to see

YES PLEASE!!!! We can try to do things until we're blue in the face, but
unless and until y'all tell us what you want to see, we can't do a
thing! It is YOUR site. We need YOUR input.

Cheers

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net
"A community that excludes even one of its members is no community at all"
- Dan Wilkins