Old 12-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Peter K.

Default weather

Wow, walked out of work to some much needed rain here in wisconsin. i don't
think we've had a decent rainfall since early july. trees really feeling
the affects. btw anybody have a good method for treating softened water so
it's safe for plants? all the water in my house is run through the
softener.

Old 13-09-2003, 03:02 AM
Iris Cohen

anybody have a good method for treating softened water so it's safe for
plants? all the water in my house is run through the softener. BRBR

Oh, good grief! No, there is nothing you can do; it has salt in it. Check with
the installer. Normally they leave one bibb or faucet with untreated tap water.
That is the only house water you can use for plants. Otherwise you will have to
collect water from a dehumidifier or buy purified (not mineral) water from the
grocery store. You can install a rain barrel and collect rainwater over the
winter to use next summer.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 13-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Peter K.

problem of course is there isn't any water tap unsoftened and i rent so i
can't really just change the plumbing.