Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Barb

Default [IBC] Wintering trees

Morning all,
I guess this has been disscused before, but here I go anyway, I got me an
oak tree, about 6-7" tall, very nice speciaman, pulled it up in the wilds of
my back yard..lol...It has very thin leaves and the adult trees limbs sort
of growout and then down like an umbrella effect, very interesting and the
bark is very rough and sort of knobby looking, put it into a 6" deep pot and
it is growning very well, now what is the best way to winter it, as to
wartering it, I know to cover it on freezing nights, but the wartering thing
I don't have a clue to. My Mother, who had a gardening show on TV locally,
long years ago always told me to water outside plants just before a freeze,
this is supposed to protect them!?????
many and much thanks for any tips on this..
Barb

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++