Old 11-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Martin Haber

Default [IBC] Jap Maple Structure cut

When in doubt, wait. But there is nothing to doubt about here, because the
best time to do heavy pruning is spring.
Plant the tree in the ground, sprinkle some camphor around the base ( to
kill off any unseen borers), and wait until spring to transplant.
Marty
Old 11-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Theo

HI Martin

Martin Haber wrote:

When in doubt, wait.

always :-)
But there is nothing to doubt about here, because the
best time to do heavy pruning is spring.

OK
Plant the tree in the ground,

I can't, I live in an apt ..
sprinkle some camphor around the base ( to
kill off any unseen borers),

I did not know about camphor.. where do you get it ' synthetic in
tablets or wood-camphor?
and wait until spring to transplant.
Ok..
will put back my chopper in the folder :-)
Thanks
Theo

Marty

Old 11-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jim Lewis

I did not know about camphor.. where do you get it '
synthetic in
tablets or wood-camphor?

Crushed mothballs, or granular mothproofing product.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Theo

HI Jim
you crush 'em into chunks and mix them with the soil than!
Thanks
Theo

Old 11-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Jim Lewis

"Theo" wrote in message
HI Jim
you crush 'em into chunks and mix them with the soil than!
Thanks
Theo

No. I'd crush them and then scatter it around the pots on the
tabletop (or floor). I don't think I'd want this stuff watered
into the roots, but maybe someone knows more about it than I do
(actually, I'm sure they do).

Old 11-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Theo

HI Jim

Jim Lewis wrote:

No. I'd crush them and then scatter it around the pots on the
tabletop (or floor). I don't think I'd want this stuff watered
into the roots, but maybe someone knows more about it than I do
(actually, I'm sure they do).

I wow I see..
because if it is natural it is like resin I guess as Mirrah that I
use mixed with wax and pine sap for covering the cuts on the bark,
and in this case probably not dangerous for theeh roots.. but if from
synthesis is another story ..
I will have it on tabletop than ..
Will give tomorrow Marshall, is an insepticide against borers it is
absorbed by roots and will poison the bark in case some borer might be
still alive.
Thanks again for the clarification
Theo

Specific Jap. Maple Grafting Question Martin Australia 0 20-03-2004 03:34 AM
Specific Jap. Maple Grafting Question Martin Australia 0 20-03-2004 03:34 AM
[IBC] Japanese maple - JAP is a DIRTY WORD Edmund L. Castillo Bonsai 1 12-10-2003 08:32 AM
Jap Maple Structure cut Theo Bonsai 0 11-10-2003 01:12 PM
[IBC] Jap. Maple, looks good, not growing audgen Bonsai 3 28-05-2003 10:20 AM