Old 02-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Alan Walker

Default [IBC] Albrecht Dürer (1471-1528)+ The Da Vinci Code

Lynn: The Da Vinci Code was a fun book. And tomorrow night (Monday, 3 November) at
7:00 p.m. CST will be an ABC TV movie based upon this book I'm looking forward to
it.
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com
================================
David J. Bockman wrote:
For those one or two of you unfamiliar with Herr Dürer, he was a man of remarkable
genius; I recall being stunned, really stunned, at his
engravings and pen & ink work:
http://www-groups.dcs.st-andrews.ac....ans/Durer.html
------------------
Lynn Boyd wrote:
Dave,
If he still fascinates you because of that perfection with
mathematical proportions, the PHI, l.618 ratio, also, Fibonacci sequence,
the pentacle and Leonardo's Vitruvian Man, there is a top selling mystery
book now, _The Da Vinci Code_ that makes a
great story wrapped around the use of these as a way to solve a murder
through a secret correspondence. I just got into it and wrapping that all
into a murder mystery with the ancient church secret brotherhoods is darned
good reading. It makes the time of DaVinci and many of these "divine"
proportion and religious events fit together in a way they don't when
studied in art history. I am only about page 75 and already really
enthralled. There are websites - I haven't seen yet:
www.thedavincicode.com and www.danbrown.com.
The reason I guessed the Dürer work Nina mentions might be of a lily is
that the Fleur de lis at that time was The Mona Lisa . I think the Lily
was so often used somehow in that representation - but I only guess now.
I promise you will love the way this wraps up in an art murder mystery.
Lynn

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++